High availibility with nodes in different subnet

neeko

Jan 31, 2011
Sacramento, CA
neekogeek.com
Hello,

I have 3 proxmox nodes that use iscsi on freenas as thier storage backend. We have three sites all connected via a vpls. I would like to know if it would be possible to put one of the nodes in at a separate site from the other 2. This would leave me with 2 nodes and the freenas server in my server room (10.12.4.0/22) and one node in my CoLo data center (10.4.4.0/24). What I would like to happen is if the the site where the server room is located was to go offline for some reason the VM's that were there would be brought up @ the datacenter. This would allow our 3rd administrative site (10.32.4.0/22) access to all of our VM's.

The 2 questions that I have not resolved are:

• can a node live in a separate subnet?
  • can machines on a node in 1 subnet with an IP of say 10.12.4.103 be brought up in another subnet without changing their IP?
  • If yes to above, how would this be configured?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

you could insert a vde2 switch in your network config and span the vlan over both locations - in this case all cluster nodes are in the same subnet;
but the quorum issue still exists like spirit already mentioned;

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!