[SOLVED] high availibility IP address for cluster

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
Hello

I am in the process of setting up ceph-fs to replace our nfs system.

In the old days I'd use heartbeat to make sure an IP address belonged to one cluster member at all times.

As we have not set up something like this in 10 years,

So we are looking for suggestions on some modern ways of sharing one IP address within a pve cluster.

best regards
Rob F

Last edited:
Do you want to access "only" the PVE GUI with one IP address or some other service inside of your cluster?

If the first is true, we have a HA VM with load balancer traefik that connects you to any PVE node available and sticks your session to it so that you will notice a connection drop only in case of a failover (but this is true for any HA solution based on IP) and you'll only know "where" you are based on the title of your browser window/tab. You can define a simple load balancing, round-robin or whatever you want to spread connections. Maybe this fits your needs.

Do you want to access "only" the PVE GUI with one IP address or some other service inside of your cluster?

If the first is true, we have a HA VM with load balancer traefik that connects you to any PVE node available and sticks your session to it so that you will notice a connection drop only in case of a failover (but this is true for any HA solution based on IP) and you'll only know "where" you are based on the title of your browser window/tab. You can define a simple load balancing, round-robin or whatever you want to spread connections. Maybe this fits your needs.

Hello,
I am looking for something which will work for rsync and ssh . thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!