Hetzner subnet configuration

pechanxur

Sep 5, 2022
hello everyone,

I would like to please ask a question and see if it is possible to receive your help with something that I have been trying to do for days, I am new and I am trying to learn to use proxmox and linux in general, I have a server in hetzner with several additional ip's and a subnet, The IP with the configuration that I currently have works fine but I can't get my subnet to work, sometimes I have access to the internet but other times I don't (I have to restart for it to work), I want to be able to install CWP but it also gives me errors and in Sometimes it just doesn't download the packages, I can't connect via SSH even though I have the port open and the service.

I am attaching a copy of my proxmox configuration of the network interface.

I appreciate your help

C:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp4s0 inet manual

iface vmbr0 inet6 static
  address xxxxxxxxxx
  netmask 96
  gateway fe80::1
  up ip -6 route add xx:XX:xx:1::/96 dev vmbr0

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address xx.x.xx.250/32
        gateway xx.x.xx.225
        bridge-ports enp4s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0

//another interfaces

//subnet interface
auto vmbr4
iface vmbr4 inet static
  address xx.xx.xx.112
  netmask 255.255.255.248
  bridge_ports none
  bridge_stp off
  bridge_fd 0

Yes, im applying mac address but on additional single ip's, and that work fine but my problem its on subnet configuration, also I've problems with plesk and LXC Containers

Did you make your proxmox work with hetzner's additional subnets?

You can simply set a route for each IP address on the subnet, on your vmbr0.

Something like:
Code:
ip route add 111.111.111.1/32 dev vmbr0
gw: MAINIP (On vmbr0 for example, Bridge eth0)

Here's how it works for me.
But there's a serious problem: I keep getting MAC error messages.
That's because the MAC addresses of my VMs are getting to Hetzner.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with Hetzner and MAC 'abuse'.
They wrote me an email and cut me a hour later off.
The plan was to move to hetzner using multiple servers, but being completely cut off within one hour is not suitable for business.
So, sadly, Hetzner is no longer an option.

I had the same problem with Hetzner and MAC 'abuse'.
They wrote me an email and cut me a hour later off.
The plan was to move to hetzner using multiple servers, but being completely cut off within one hour is not suitable for business.
So, sadly, Hetzner is no longer an option.

How much abuse have you received before?
I've been getting these abuse notices for about two weeks now, and I don't want to be blocked either.
I respond to each one, but it's a big pain for me.

They wrote me one mail complaining usage of wrong mac addresses on Oct 12th.
Then, 10 days later without any more information/complaint, another one came in on Oct 23th at 13:01 - telling that manual checking will now be done.
58 minutes later (Oct 23th at 13:59) they directly deactivated the server (I received a mail about this)

Sure, the mistake is on my side - I simply do not know how to make the config correctly.
(I asked Hetzner for paid support or a contact to some professional who's able to do it, but they said that they do not have any resources in this direction).
So, finally I canceled the project 'Proxmox at Hetzner' because I do not want to imagine being cut of with production systems in such a manner.
I think Hetzner is fine if you need a cheap machine or knowing exactly how to do configuration in the very special Hetzner environment.
But getting there is very hard because documentation about making virtualized routing work in Hetzner's desired manner leave room for 'improvement'.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!