Help with installation

oliver23

Aug 25, 2024
I tried to install proxmox on a dell t3610 I got this error message any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4115.jpg
    IMG_4115.jpg
    981.8 KB · Views: 8
Is it just stopping when trying to install it? If so your having driver issues with you graphics card I believe. I had that same issue when I installed proxmox. Im a noob myself but this should help you out. If these instructions don't help you google proxmox install nomodeset.

Here are the instructions from proxmox:

Adding the nomodeset Kernel Parameter​

Problems may arise on very old or very new hardware due to graphics drivers. Ifthe installation hangs during boot, you can try adding the nomodesetparameter. This prevents the Linux kernel from loading any graphics drivers andforces it to continue using the BIOS/UEFI-provided framebuffer.
On the Proxmox VE bootloader menu, navigate to Install Proxmox VE (Terminal UI) andpress e to edit the entry. Using the arrow keys, navigate to the line startingwith linux, move the cursor to the end of that line and add theparameter nomodeset, separated by a space from the pre-existing lastparameter.
Then press Ctrl-X or F10 to boot the configuration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!