Help a new guy with installation please

Minosmania

Aug 2, 2024
I'm having trouble installing Proxmox. After choosing the graphical user interface (UI) or terminal UI, the installation process starts in the terminal, but then the screen becomes black, and I can't complete the setup. I'm using a new Asus NUC 14 Pro. I'm using the latest iso, and assuming it might issue with the usb, I burn it using ventoy, Etcher, and Rufus. Same issue

Did you try the nomodeset kernel param for the install?

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation

Problems may arise on very old or very new hardware due to graphics drivers. If the installation hangs during boot, you can try adding the nomodeset parameter. This prevents the Linux kernel from loading any graphics drivers and forces it to continue using the BIOS/UEFI-provided framebuffer.
On the Proxmox VE bootloader menu, navigate to Install Proxmox VE (Terminal UI) and press e to edit the entry. Using the arrow keys, navigate to the line starting with linux, move the cursor to the end of that line and add the parameter nomodeset, separated by a space from the pre-existing last parameter.
Then press Ctrl-X or F10 to boot the configuration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!