HDD show different size from shell

Gramby52

Mar 27, 2022
Short back story I bought 4x2tb 2.5" hdd and a sata controller non-raid. when I installed the card and drives in my dell optiplex 7010 proxmox wouldn't recognize my dual nic. I did a clean install of proxmox 8.0.4 . this fixed the issue.

I setup a truenas vm and could not setup a zfs because one drive is reading smaller than the rest in proxmox. I didn't buy all the drives at the same time but I did make sure they were all the same model for this. I did try pcie passthrough at first but my hardware doesn't support it.
1.png
2.png
3.png

Short back story I bought 4x2tb 2.5" hdd and a sata controller non-raid. when I installed the card and drives in my dell optiplex 7010 proxmox wouldn't recognize my dual nic. I did a clean install of proxmox 8.0.4 . this fixed the issue.
Installing additional PCIe devices can move already installed ones to another ID, meaning the interface names change.
Next time you could check the output of ip link show to see if the interface names still match the configured ones in /etc/network/interfaces.

Can you provide the output of the following commands?
Code:
fdisk -l /dev/sdb
fdisk -l /dev/sdc
fdisk -l /dev/sdd
fdisk -l /dev/sde

Looks like it. You may want to get it replaced since there's clearly something wrong with the disk in this case.

per Seagate's website the drive is already out of warranty. but thank you for your time and help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!