HA shutdown with UPS

ntblade

Renowned Member
Apr 29, 2011
Hi all,
I'm trying to add UPS support to my 2 node HA cluster which is still in the testing stage. So far, I've got a a third machine connected to a shared UPS running apcupsd with the two proxmox cluster members connecting to the third machine.

So far I've tested that when power fails, a promox host shuts down a guest then shuts itself down. I've also tested that the same machine migrates a running guest to the second node before the first node shuts down. All good.

Now, my question is, what happens if both machines are commanded to shut down at the same time while both have HA guests running? Will they attempt to migrate the guests or just shut them down before shutting themselves down?

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

NTB
8o)

Hi,
if the hosts will be shutdown at the same time and Quorum is given.
the ha-vms will tried to migrated but fail.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!