HA problem

bazzi

Jun 4, 2010
Hi there,

I have 2 VM (KVM) on a shared storage on a IMS in a cluster of 3.

Everything was working fine. Then is started to play with the enabled HA and now one of the VM is stated as failed in the Datacenter -> Summary -> HA service status:
owner
NameOwnerStateRestartsLast transitionLast owner
pvevm:200noneFailed02011-12-27rupsjenooitgenoeg(server2)
pvevm:201timo (server3)started02012-01-02sint (server 1)

I want to get pvevm:200 out of the failed state, so I tried:
0. Restart RGManager on server2
1. Restart VM
2. Migrate VM
3. Restart Server where it is on (server 2)
4. Remove VM from HA
5. Readd VM to HA
6. Readd VM to HA when stopped.

This all didn't work. And doesn't changed the state.

I have tried to let the Vm migrate trough stop RGManager, but it runs still on that server.

So HA stopped working for that VM. For the other, everything is working correctly.
I have manually test the fence_intelmodular and it all works like a charm.

So how can I get HA again working for the pvevm:200.

I think this is one of the resons, but I can't place it:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]task started by HA resource agent[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]VM still running - terminating now with SIGTERM[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]TASK OK[/FONT][/COLOR]
That stats it when I restart RGManager on that server.

# clustat:
Code:
Cluster Status for IMS-EVO @ Fri Jan 20 10:53:00 2012
Member Status: Quorate

Member Name                                                     ID   Status
 ------ ----                                                     ---- ------
 sint                                                                1 Online, rgmanager
 rupsjenooitgenoeg                                                   2 Online, Local, rgmanager
 timo                                                                3 Online, rgmanager

Service Name                                                     Owner (Last)                                                     State
 ------- ----                                                     ----- ------                                                     -----
 pvevm:200                                                        (rupsjenooitgenoeg)                                              failed
 pvevm:201                                                        timo                                                             started
Who can point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!