HA-Failover without data loss - questions

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Hi to all

Anyone can help me?

On PVE, for Linux and Windows systems and only with KVM, I want HA-Failover without data loss with the best performance on each virtual HDD and his partitions, and if my Host/VM hang up without have configurated HA.

notes:
A- All questions are based on HA-Failover without data loss with the best performance on each virtual HDD and his partitions, and if my Host/VM hang up without have configurated HA.
B- I see on the link http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Performance_Tweaks that cache=none is the best performace.
C- I use the drivers of virtio-win-0.1-30.iso for Windows systems (It is the latest version for now)
D- In case of HA, I use DRBD protocol C and with tunning.

Questions:
1- For Linux with Kernel < 2.6.37, I only need to add the option "barrier=1" into fstab right?
2- About above, is the same configuration for each line of configuration into fstab? - for example for swap partition and others partitions ext3?
3- If I have Linux kernel < 2.6.37 and ext4 partition, do I need to add this option?
4- For Windows systems, what is the better configuration for the best performance without data loss? - his wiki don't said anything about it.

Please answer considering that in some cases I can have or not raid controller with cache with battery.

Best regards
Cesar

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!