Greylist Exclusion List Question

jpgm

Feb 2, 2006
HI,
I'm using ProxMox Mail Gateway for some time now, and I'm planning to start using Greylist to avoid Spam, but I'm having some problems defining the Exclusion List. I wat to exclude from Greylist check all emails that come from a *.pt email (my country TLD). In the Greylist Exlusions I inserted a Regular expression rule "pt$", that the tests shows is correct (I think :)).
The problem resides in the fact that the gateway Greylists all mails, not looking at my Regular Expression whit a 450 error:

450 <myself@mydom.pt>: Recipient address rejected: Service is unavailable
quit
221 Bye

Can anyone point me to what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!

zep

Greaylisting

Hello,

why do you want to exclude this manually?

Proxmox learns and you have nothing to do.

Second, you can exclude certain Hosts from blacklisting mails coming from them. Trusting a whole *.pl-Domain space is not a very good idea.

What do you loose wth greylisting?

Maximum 30 Minuntes at the first startup. If you receive maisl from everytime the same adresses, proxmox learns this and guides the mail in future to your mailhost without delay.

Kind regards

Manfred Muschiol
www.intrasys.de

Hi, thanks for your answer,
I have 2 reasons to exclude all the .pt (and not .pl :)) domain,
first, the spam I receive from there is residual, almost zero,
and second, all the clients of my company use the .pt domain and we receive lots of urgent requests every day, 30 minutes (in the best case, if the sender server tries again in that time) is eternity! Even if it's only the first mail from each person...

But despite those facts the problem is that, aparently, the gateway is ignoring my filter! Can someone point me to what I'm doing wrong?

jpgm said:
But despite those facts the problem is that, aparently, the gateway is ignoring my filter! Can someone point me to what I'm doing wrong?

hi,

what do you mean with ignoring your filter? have you activated the rules?
please describe more detailed,

regards,
martin

jpgm said:
HI,
I'm using ProxMox Mail Gateway for some time now, and I'm planning to start using Greylist to avoid Spam, but I'm having some problems defining the Exclusion List. I wat to exclude from Greylist check all emails that come from a *.pt email (my country TLD). In the Greylist Exlusions I inserted a Regular expression rule "pt$", that the tests shows is correct (I think :)).

hi,
the right regular expression in your case is:

.*\.pt

regards,
martin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!