French keyboard

Nicolas550

Mar 10, 2022
Hello,

On proxmox 7.1.7 i got miss mapping about fr keyboard.

I read this post https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/wrong-console-keyboard-layout-applied.67888/#post-304581
I do the same than the other user, i set in option DataCenter/options/keyboard "Fr" and after that i got error mapping on Windows or Linux.

@ . and some other are miss mapped and be unused.

I look on qm coinfig and in first keyboard aren't set.

i try : "qm set idvm -keyboard fr" and in conf file a new line had be writted.

I restart VM, and no change, miss mapping is allways here.

Before i set the option keyboard in DataCenter/options i don't see this problem...

When i use external RDP no mapping problem but with noVNC problem occur.

Can you help me to solve?

Thanks

Before i set the option keyboard in DataCenter/options i don't see this problem...
so then unset the keyboard option in datacenter -> options

that option is not really useful today anymore, since novnc <-> qemu can handle that by default pretty well, no manual config needed
the only thing you should have to configure is the keyboard layout *inside* the vm

yes setting to 'default' is unsetting it.
also since you set it in the vm too, you must unset it there also:
Code:
qm set ID -delete keyboard

it might be necessary to shutdown and start the vm again for that change to take

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!