freebsd based distros hang during boot

chocamo

Renowned Member
Jul 18, 2011
I have been trying to get either pfsense or freenas to install under proxmox but am not having any luck. As soon as a boot selection item is made during the live cd start-up then vm gets stuck and I have to hit the stop button and wait to release it. I have seen posts on the freebsd mailing list with similar problems blaming the sea bios (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2012-December/247500.html) and I tried the ones posted but that did not help.

I can use an identical configuration on another server and both install perfectly fine. The system I am having issues with is an i7-3770s with 32gb ram. I have tried various settings in my bios on the host, turning acpi etc off on the vm and just have had not luck. Any suggetions?

where it hangs:
YBsFJkI.jpg

boot verbose hangs:

TxohGj0.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!