[SOLVED] Firewall blocking incoming traffic

Strange0ne

Mar 12, 2023
Hi!
I have a server with installed proxmox 7.3. After I enable datacenter firewall with ACCEPT input policy, I can't connect to my VMs. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong =)

Last edited:
Hi!
I have a server with installed proxmox 7.3. After I enable datacenter firewall with ACCEPT input policy, I can't connect to my VMs. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong =)
datacenter rules only apply to all proxmox hosts management ip, not vms.

you need to add rules for each vm.

Reactions: Strange0ne
Thanks for your reply, but I add rules to all levels. More than that, if I disable firewall, I still can't ping my VM. After I delete all files from /etc/pve/firewall and restart the server, ping and other connections works again(((

1678693904825.png
1678693951594.png

1678694086318.png

are you sure that you don't have mtu problem with fragmented packets ? (firewall drop fragmented packets)

can you try: "ping -m do -s 1470 ..." ? (with firewall disabled)
When I try to ping with those flags, I get an error)
1678696878621.png

ok, so it's ok for this.

can you try to disabled ebtables in datacenter option ? (filtering mac address)
Sure, but it didn't help(
I don't understand why I can't ping VM even firewall turned off.

1678699321158.png

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!