file vmdk missing

thepaga

Jun 29, 2013
updated from 2.3 to 3, reboot the vm did not start because it was locked. executed: qm unlock and reboot, now the vm does not start because the vmdk is missing!! help please

Don't think I can help, but just to be sure... did you rebooted PROXMOX after the upgrade? I mean, now you are running version 3? (pveversion -v)
If so, check the storage to find the vmdk file (btw, you'd better use native kvm formats, like qcow2 or raw) an be sure is really there. Check the vm configuration to check if is pointing to it or not. Are you using non standard filename for the vmdk? Mabe 3.x is less tolerant on this regard, if so rename and change config accordantly

Don't think I can help, but just to be sure... did you rebooted PROXMOX after the upgrade? I mean, now you are running version 3? (pveversion -v)
If so, check the storage to find the vmdk file (btw, you'd better use native kvm formats, like qcow2 or raw) an be sure is really there. Check the vm configuration to check if is pointing to it or not. Are you using non standard filename for the vmdk? Mabe 3.x is less tolerant on this regard, if so rename and change config accordantly

yes, I've rebooted. I can log in by ssh but not by webserver. the file isn't there. going to check the config later, regards!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!