Feature Request - VM Start/Stop Scheduling in Proxmox GUI

jonasHc

Oct 8, 2024
Dear Proxmox Development Team,

I would like to suggest a new feature that I believe would be extremely useful for managing VMs in Proxmox VE. While the tool currently allows for efficient management of virtual machines, I noticed the absence of an option to schedule actions like starting and stopping VMs directly from the graphical interface.

I believe adding a scheduling option in the VM management panel, allowing users to set specific times for starting and stopping virtual instances, would provide great benefits, especially in production and development environments that require automation and resource control.

This feature could include:

• Recurring start/stop scheduling (daily, weekly, etc.)
  • An intuitive interface for viewing and editing scheduled tasks
  • Execution logs to monitor the status of scheduled actions
Currently, we use cron scripts for these tasks, but an integrated solution within the Proxmox GUI would make resource management even more user-friendly and accessible for those less familiar with the command line.

Thank you for your attention, and I am available to discuss this suggestion further if necessary. I am confident that this addition would bring even more convenience and flexibility to the excellent environment you already provide.

Best regards,
Jonas Hc
SysAdmin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!