failed ping between Proxmox node and external server

Simofila

Aug 22, 2024
Hi together,

to my setup: I established a LAN connection between a PC proxmox server and local pc. I created two VMs (windowsXP&7: running perfectly on pve). I created a LXC container (Templates: debian-12-standard_12.2-1_amd64.tar.zst) to make Folder sharing possible between folder on local pc and VMs. The LXC started without any problems and I used the command (nano /etc/fstab) to adrress the local folder from my pc to LXC (://192.168.100.99/Temp /mnt/Temp cifs username=Lo-Res, password=thisisnotmypassword,iocharset=utf8,noperm 0 0). After saving and mouting through the command (mout -a), I got a message (mount system call failed: operation now in progress). because of system call, I tried to ping from the LXC & Proxmox node the external server with the IP 192.168.100.99, but I couldn´t. Now in the opposite direction, pinging the LXC and Promox node from my PC with the IP 192.168.100.99, perfectly working!
I missed something in the proxmox configuration, that hindering the communication to outside.
any idea?
Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!