Failed Backup because of low disk space doesn't clear created files afterwards

Rutschi

Aug 24, 2021
Hi,

I'm currently testing the Proxmox Backup Server and have to say I love it. But just now I tried to run a Backup which was too big for the Datastore. Obviously it failed, but it didn't clear any files it created while atempting the Backup. The VM I tired to back up doesn't show up in "content" of the Datastore (Propably because there never was a successfull backup).

Is there a way to get rid of the Files? I already tried the Garbage Collection, but all files remained.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Screen.png
    Screen.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 7
Garbage collection will only delete chunks when 24 hours are between a prune and a GC. So best wait and run the GC again when 24 hours have passed.

Last edited:
Garbage collection will only delete chunks when 24 hours are between a prune and a GC. So best wait and run the GC again when 24 hours have passed.
Thank you, this solved my issue. I just changed the date on the server to test this and an automatic Garbage collection immediately removed the files.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!