Error when doing a backup job

TheSover

Jun 12, 2023
Hello, I've one virtual machine with a cron task (everyday is doing a backup of VM), but it fails. When I check the task log, it appears that error is caused because the content of one folder is too large.

After seeing this, I connected to VM and gone to the mentioned dir. Then, I done an ls and I can see that folder has no content.

If anyone can help me with this trouble please.

Thanks!

Attachments

• RemoteDesktopManager64_Ae7dSOyMaB.jpg
    RemoteDesktopManager64_Ae7dSOyMaB.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 10
  • notepad_as4PA3fcif.jpg
    notepad_as4PA3fcif.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi Chris,

I can Increase the limit on pbs-entries-max, but still without understading why it gives me the error when folder content is empty.

The captcha I'm using is integrated with magento 2, it just saves images with a combination of words and you need to write them.

Hi Chris,

I can Increase the limit on pbs-entries-max, but still without understading why it gives me the error when folder content is empty.

The captcha I'm using is integrated with magento 2, it just saves images with a combination of words and you need to write them.
Well,
the folder being empty is indeed odd. Could you have a look at the content of the parent folder? I am not sure at the moment if the message is generated with the path of the parent directory entry or the entry which exceeds the limit.

Hello Chris,

I checked the parent dir and there are no files, only folders (base and admin folder).

Hi,
what about the parent of the parent, etc.? IIRC, entries for all dirs along the path will need to be kept in memory while the backup is traversing the file system structure and if there's too many you'll reach the limit.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!