Error verify Backup

Apr 15, 2024
I have a PVE with 4 VM and 2 CT. The four VM are four WS2022 with the same hardware settings, two are DC, one have the SQL server and the last is a DFS server. I have setup a PBS to manage the backup of the VM and when I backup them the task give no error.
The PBS provide one backup of the four VM in local and une on a NFS Datastore on a synology DS920+.
The problem is that when I verify the backup, the DFS server give everytime error that can't access some (2 or 3) chunck file.
Everytime ONLY that VM and also on both Datastore, both location verify the first three VM backup without issue and the last fail.
On the screenshot is the error on the local datastore Verify. On the NFS the error say that can't load come chunck file.

Is a settings on windows that can couse this error? Why 3 on 4 VM have no issue and 1 can't work?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-12 183244.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-12 183244.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 8
I have a PVE with 4 VM and 2 CT. The four VM are four WS2022 with the same hardware settings, two are DC, one have the SQL server and the last is a DFS server. I have setup a PBS to manage the backup of the VM and when I backup them the task give no error.
The PBS provide one backup of the four VM in local and une on a NFS Datastore on a synology DS920+.
The problem is that when I verify the backup, the DFS server give everytime error that can't access some (2 or 3) chunck file.
Everytime ONLY that VM and also on both Datastore, both location verify the first three VM backup without issue and the last fail.
On the screenshot is the error on the local datastore Verify. On the NFS the error say that can't load come chunck file.

Is a settings on windows that can couse this error? Why 3 on 4 VM have no issue and 1 can't work?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I/O errors indicate most of the time issues with the datastore backing storage. Please check if you have further errors in the systemd journal around the time of the verify task.

Did I understand you correctly when you are saying that the VM is backed up to two different datastores, both attached as different storages to the PVE host? Or are you syncing the snapshots from the local datastore to the datastore located on the NFS somehow after the backup?

Hi,
I/O errors indicate most of the time issues with the datastore backing storage. Please check if you have further errors in the systemd journal around the time of the verify task.

Did I understand you correctly when you are saying that the VM is backed up to two different datastores, both attached as different storages to the PVE host? Or are you syncing the snapshots from the local datastore to the datastore located on the NFS somehow after the backup?
The two datastore are connected to the PBS and on the PVE I have connected the PBS.
On the PVE I have setup two backup job, one on the PBS local datastore and another to the PBS NFS datastore.
The poi that is driving me crazy is that the error Is everityme on only one VM and everytime the same VM. If it's a disk problem or a connection problem, the error could happen an all VM

The two datastore are connected to the PBS and on the PVE I have connected the PBS.
On the PVE I have setup two backup job, one on the PBS local datastore and another to the PBS NFS datastore.
The poi that is driving me crazy is that the error Is everityme on only one VM and everytime the same VM. If it's a disk problem or a connection problem, the error could happen an all VM
Can you stat the chunk directly by running stat <absolute-path-to chunk> on the PBS after the backup but before running a verify job? Please post the output of the stat. Does this happen for both the datastores for the same chunk?

Can you stat the chunk directly by running stat <absolute-path-to chunk> on the PBS after the backup but before running a verify job? Please post the output of the stat. Does this happen for both the datastores for the same chunk?
Here is the screenshot of the backup result (OK) and the stat on the Local Datastore and the NFS Datastore.
I'm trying now to make verify on both location to check if the chunck error are the same.

Attachments

• Backup_Job.png
    Backup_Job.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 5
  • stat_nfs.png
    stat_nfs.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Stat_result.png
    Stat_result.png
    16 KB · Views: 5
Here is the screenshot of the backup result (OK) and the stat on the Local Datastore and the NFS Datastore.
I'm trying now to make verify on both location to check if the chunck error are the same.
Seems there was a misunderstanding, sorry if I was not clear enough. My intention was for you to stat the actual chunk file stat /mnt/datastore/Backup2TB/.chunks/1442/14423... (please do auto complete the rest, as I am not going to type in the rest from the screenshot
;))

Seems there was a misunderstanding, sorry if I was not clear enough. My intention was for you to stat the actual chunk file stat /mnt/datastore/Backup2TB/.chunks/1442/14423... (please do auto complete the rest, as I am not going to type in the rest from the screenshot
;))
Here is the result

Attachments

• Stat_chunk_file.png
    Stat_chunk_file.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 7

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!