error 500

lordhanuman

Renowned Member
Jan 2, 2010
Hello everyone, I have upgraded Proxmox and it seems like the Proxmox Backup Server is blocking my connections. The PBS has a public IP, and when I connect from there, it works perfectly. I can't understand what might be blocking my connections. The other machines are connected perfectly, and I can't figure out what's happening

1722350227642.png

Attachments

• 1722349919912.png
    1722349919912.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Can you web browse to 10.10.10.1:8007?

Is that definitely the right IP address? Usually 10.10.10.1 would be your router.

Hi, it's about a private network that I used to make the machines communicate with each other, but they are also connected to a public network. The private IP 10.10.10.1 is already used by other nodes. The problem occurs only with one node when I try to reconnect it.

"Connectivity is there, it responds to the ping without issues, but it gives this error as if there is a block by the server on the private interface, because it works on the public one."

Ping aint enough, hence I proposed checking the port with telnet: check that you can actually reach 10.10.10.1 port 8007 from that PVE host. There could be a firewall allowing ping but not port 8007/tcp.

There is no firewall on that port, telnet works, and it is correctly detected when performing a port scan with nmap. Also, I configured the machines myself, and because two other nodes that perform backups work perfectly. I only have problems with that client which doesn't work

One more verification: curl -Ik https://10.10.10.1:8007/api2/json/nodes/localhost should return something like:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
content-length: 63
date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 16:48:27 GMT

In PBS server:

- Is there something relevant in logs /var/log/proxmox-backup/api ? Do you requests show there?
- Check journal for something relevant: journalctl -f -u proxmox-backup-proxy.service and journalctl -f -u proxmox-backup.service.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!