Ensure Rclone Backup From PBS

johndoe86x

Dec 27, 2021
Hi, all,

First off, I want to comment the team for how well PBS works! Thank you!

I am using PBS to make backups from one of our nodes to tank/backups. I am then using rclone-crypt to send the data to Backblaze B2. However, I've noticed that there are some size discrepancies when looking at the overall usage and the individual container/VM usage. I'm under the impression that rclone isn't reading the ZFS data itself, but rather reading the files/folders at particular ZFS mountpoints. Is there a way to ensure that all the data located under tank/backups is being uploaded? I obviously don't want to get into a disaster recovery scenario where my cloud backups are incomplete.

B2 Website: brave_AjpXYrRbG8.png
zfs list tank/backups: WindowsTerminal_Okmkx9sOHE.png

Cheers!

whats your rclone command. Do you check the log?
i think the difference appear because of different fs parameter like block size, compression....

whats your rclone command. Do you check the log?
i think the difference appear because of different fs parameter like block size, compression....
Thanks for your response! Here is my rclone command: rclone -P --transfers=24 --checkers=24 sync /tank/backups/ b2_crypt:proxmox-node1 --log-file=/tmp/rclone_log.log --log-level INFO

I just added the flags for logs so I don't have any valid data to check right now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!