Endian Firewall KVM

T

Thiago Fanfoni

Hello guys,

I'm trying to configure Endian FW inside my Proxmox 2.0 Cluster but is only working from inside.

The problem is that the users can connect from inside but they cant reach the firewall from outside.
I have tried the same configuration in a physical host and works fine.

If I change the default gateway of my computer to the virtual Endian works fine, but I cant connect to him from the outside to use the nat rules.

Here is the interfaces configuration:

Code:
auto loiface lo inet loopback

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 10.10.10.1
        netmask 255.255.240.0
        gateway 10.10.10.254
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual
        bridge_ports eth1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

The green interface is attached to vmbr0 and the red interface (with the external IP) is attached do vmbr1.

The Proxmox should not be reachable from the outside.

Any Ideas?

The first lines are for me:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

iface eth1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
and .........

KWechselberger

PS.: I use IPCOP 2.0.4 on Proxmox.

Last edited:
Thanks,

The configuration of the bridges was correct, the problem was the network type, I have configured with Intel nics and then I changed to virtio and rebooted the machine.
I think the reboot was a warm boot and the driver was not updated, after I powered off and then powered on the VM it start to work.

Regards

Is it ok to use Endian to protect other vms even on different hardwarenodes you think? I can not see any negative but protecting other vms from a vm with different hardware nodes sounds like some kinda odd to me. Glad to see some using so? What is your endian is protection behind? I am thinking of using in web and mail server enviroment. But not yet quite sure if it is a good idea...

Hello,

I'm using for Internet gateway only and for some remote access, its not big deal =)

Some one have any luck with openvpn inside KVM? It connects but the clients cant access anything.

This thing is driving me crazy :(

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!