Email not landing in GMAIL inboxes. How to change Received: From in destination?

stevenseven77

May 29, 2024
Hi all, today i config PMG and achieve all passed dkim, spf, dmarc in google also have 10 score in mail-tester, but still my mail not landing in inbox of gmail, i do check my ip and domain reputation/blacklist are clean, then i see this:

Received: from mdx.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mdx."myrealdomain".net (Proxmox) with ESMTP

i think because the mail was not received from "real" mydomain.net it make go to spam folder? I use 1 iRedMail for MTA server with roundcube webmail and 2 PMG server, all configured load balancing and failover from 2 PMG and 1 MTA
For the DNS Record, i already publish PTR record for each ip and correct named the PTR and for the rest DNS Record, i think there no problem also i try to get verified "myrealdomain" with gmail postmaster tools but still not landing in inboxes (only in gmail)

Anyone have this problem? How to fix? Thanks!

If you do think the internal received headers influence google's treatment of the messages, try setting the PMG mail proxy option: 'Hide internal hosts'.

If you do think the internal received headers influence google's treatment of the messages, try setting the PMG mail proxy option: 'Hide internal hosts'.
Thanks for the reply, i try to hide or unhide the internal host, the result was still same showing mdx.com

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!