Dual nic and dual public IP on KVM on ovh server

maudam

Renowned Member
Oct 5, 2011
Hi all,
i'm facing an issue with the configuration of a KVM on a server of the provider Ovh.

I'm trying to add a secondary network interface to the same VM but the second ip on the machine remains unreachable.
I addedd to the vm a second nic (tested with virtio and e1000)

A couple of details:
Ovh give public Ip addresses using a virtual mac address for the interface and using a default gatway with .254 on last octet for routing.
Distro installed in VM is almalinux 9
First interface in guest is ens18
Second interface in guest is ens19

While the first interface is up the second interface is unusable. As soon as i disable the first interface in proxmox gui, the second interface become operative and the traffic pass.
Now the second interface run well but when i enable the first interaface again, this one cannot connect. I have to diable again the second interface and a this point the first interface run again.
It seem that only one interface can be enabled at one time.

Any clue ?

An additional info after some test: in a container the dual nic/dual ip function as expected, so this is something about the KVM emulation of proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!