DRBD LVM setup process

chrisjunkie

Hi All,

About to set up my first Proxmox VE 2.0 cluster install. Have had a play on some spare HDDs while waiting for the actual drives to arrive but I'm a little confused. What is the process for installing a two node cluster with DRBD and LVM? I am looking at having two drbd resources. One will hold VMs for nodeA and one will hold VMs for nodeB (this is to help avoid a split brain).

Do I have this in the right order? What is the best way to sync conf changes to drbd and lvm? Just scp them across or can I use pvecm to do this?
I.e
1. Install proxmox on both nodes
2. Set up network interface dedicated for DRBD sync
3. Create cluster on primary node
4. Join secondary node to cluster
5. fdisk partitions to be of type linux LVM
6. create DRBD resources r1 and r2
7. edit lvm.conf to reject the raw block devices but only accept drbd1 and drbd2
8. reboot nodes
9. create VGs from PVs
10. add VGs to webUI
11. Rejoyce in Proxmox awesomeness?

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it :)

Cheers
Chris

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!