Does proxmox backupserver have proper mounting and backing up to NFS storage now?

sublightnova

May 30, 2022
A little while ago I spent days trying to get this working. Creating a datastore that would connect to my ZFS pool.

To no avail.

Has anyone managed to do this and could they possibly tell me what they did...

I tried mounting the ZFS nfs share on the backup server but always had permission issues even when setting up the dedicated nfs backup user on the zfs.

Can confirm that NFS is working fine for over a year. You just have to mount the NFS share yourself. You for example could try to set the rights to 777 on the NFS server side. PBS got a backup user that needs rights to access the datastore.

Last edited:
Been through all some time ago and not working so something is broken somewhere..

Anyways, found another backup solution in the mean time so I'll check back some time in the future if there has been any progress in that area.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!