DKIM Signing question.

cpulove

Jul 12, 2024
I use a Plesk Server as my Mailserver and a PMG.
I had the problem today, that my outgoing e-mails had double DKIM signing.
I guess they where signed by plesk and by pmg too, which resulted in this problem, with two DKIM keys in the e-mail header.

What is the best strategie to avoid signing problems? I deleted all the domains from the domain signing under DKIM in PMG.
Now only plesk signs outgoing mails. So far so good, but https://maileroo.com/mail-tester/ still gives me a warning about a non valid DKIM.

Your email setup shows issues with DKIM signature, a passing SPF record, and a successful DMARC test. The spam analysis indicates a spam score of 0.5, which is below the required threshold. A higher score may cause deliverability issues. Additionally, your email was not found on any RBLs which is good for your email deliverability. The forward-confirmed reverse DNS test shows that your IP and hostname match, indicating a correctly configured domain. Some providers such as iCloud may reject your emails if MX records are not available. Regarding the MX records, your emails are handled by a mail server, which is ideal for deliverability.

What is best practice? Do I have to turn off DKIM signing at all, when plesk does the signing?

Bildschirmfoto 2024-08-19 um 17.04.34.png

Or ist it better not to sign in plesk and use pmg for DKIM signing?
A plain DKIM tester states, that my plesk DKIM is valid, but maybe not after it ran through the proxmox mail gateway?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!