All steps are done and I got stuck on repartitioning, see attached

I ran "swapoff -a", but still see /dev/vda5 swap

How can I resize my HD?

TIA

Attachments

• gparted.png
    gparted.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 1
Your drive uses (the old) MBR, which requires an "extended" partition for all partitions other than the first.
Resize the extended partition to go to extend to the end of the drive. Move the swap partition to the end (of the extended partition), resize the extended partition again to leave as big a gap after the first partition as possible and then resize the first partition.
None of this is specific to Proxmox, so any other GParted (Live) and other partitioning guides will also apply.

Your drive uses (the old) MBR, which requires an "extended" partition for all partitions other than the first.
Resize the extended partition to go to extend to the end of the drive. Move the swap partition to the end (of the extended partition), resize the extended partition again to leave as big a gap after the first partition as possible and then resize the first partition.
None of this is specific to Proxmox, so any other GParted (Live) and other partitioning guides will also apply.
Thx and I know it's not directly related.

Pls elaborate on how exactly "Move the swap partition to the end"

Pls elaborate on how exactly "Move the swap partition to the end"
Did you resize the extended partition yet (so there is some additional space inside it on the right size)? Then move (maybe use Resize menu option or maybe drag it with the mouse) the swap partition as far as it will go (so all the free space inside the extended partition is on the left).

Did you resize the partition yet (so there is some additional space inside it on the right size)? Then move (maybe use Resize menu option or maybe drag it with the mouse) the swap partition as far as it will go (so all the free space inside the extended partition is on the left).
Go that step and resized the extended

But still can't resize the disk till the end. What am I missing?

Thx

Attachments

• gparted2.png
    gparted2.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Go that step and resized the extended
Looks like you deleted the swap partition, instead of moving it.
But still can't resize the disk till the end. What am I missing?
... resize the extended partition again to leave as big a gap after the first partition as possible and then resize the first partition.
Or, since there are no partition inside the extended partition anymore, just delete it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!