Disable outgoing SPF/DKIM checks

Aug 9, 2022
Hi together,

we use Proxmox to centralize outgoing mail from various servers.
For the "outgoing direction" we use a separate port in proxmox to check before we send this mails to the world.

We want to disable the SPF and DKIM checks for Outgoing mails. Is there a possibility in the config or via cli?

Outgoing mails are not DKIM signed, because Proxmox will do it for us
Outgoing mails don't pass the SPF Record, because Proxmox is inside the SPF Record.

So the proxomx is a mail proxy, and all external recipients see only the proxmox. Then DKIM and SPF are fine.
To disable SPF and DKIM checks globally is not the solution, because we need this checks for incoming mails.

We see in outgoing Mails, that the Mails recieve Spoam-Scores from the DKIM checks, which result sometimes in blocked emails.

DMARC_QUAR(0.1)
KAM_DMARC_QUARANTINE(3)
KAM_DMARC_STATUS(0.01)
SPF_FAIL(0.001)
SPF_HELO_NONE(0.001)

I have not found any solution to configure that and i cannot expect that we are the only one with this kind of setup :)
Any ideas how i can disable SPF/DKIM checks for "outgoing Mails"?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!