Disable email forwarding

go2bar

May 14, 2021
In order to avoid spoofing, how can I create the rules that block the forward email from email server? That means block the out email domain that not belongs to the domain that I have entered.

So to confirm, you're talking about example@gmail.com sending to bob@example.com, where example.com is hosted by you. Bob@example.com forwards to bob@gmail.com. And you want to stop the forward from bob@example.com to bob@gmail.com. And more exactly, if the from address is not your domain, you don't want it to go out. Is that correct? If so, I believe I covered that in this post. Basically, you do a who object that uses a regex that checks if the domain is not the allowed domain and if so, blocks it. This is really only feasible for a small set of domains or if like you're using the API .

Another option is to up SPF rules to make them always hit spam thresholds but that would affect both in and out filtering.

Dear Steven,
if the from address is not your domain, you don't want it to go out. Is that correct? I
Yes. Thats exactly what I want to do.

uses a regex that checks if the domain is not the allowed domain and if so
>> Do you have such syntax?

Direction -> Out

Many thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!