Dell T7500 Xeon X5690 60GB Ram

Jonnyc

Sep 9, 2024
Hi I've been running Proxmox on an old Lenovo W530 Laptop for a while now, I tried to install on this Dell with an E5540 CPU however the console noVNC just wouldn't work for me or spice. I have just ordered a Xeon X5690 CPU in the hope I can move off the Laptop. I currently use the latest version of Proxmox on the laptop Should that work on the Dell or is there another version I should use? Thank you in advance.

I've also a Dell T7500 (2x X5570, 128 GB), it works perfect with PVE.

I also use a Lenovo T520 (i5-2410M, 16GB) and don't face any issue with noVNC.

I've also a Dell T7500 (2x X5570, 128 GB), it works perfect with PVE.

I also use a Lenovo T520 (i5-2410M, 16GB) and don't face any issue with noVNC.
Thanks Danie
I think the issue is with xeon E cpu so waiting on a new x series hoping that will solve the issue.

Sorted, so the Xeon X5690 is a western but the current E5540 is a Nehalem.
The AES 256 std supports western and abo e cpus I changed cpu in the machine type and all is good! Thanks for the help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!