dell r630 won't boot after proxmox installation

draeician

Jul 25, 2021
I pulled the latest proxmox VE, and created a bootable usb stick. The install looked to be doing well, but after the reboot I get a "The system detected an exception during the UEFI pre-boot environment." Anyone encountered that?

After poking further, I can't go into bios, dell lifecycle, but I can access the idrac. This system was running Fedora 32 with no issues, and did boot from usb to install proxmox. And I did an install of proxmox on a laptop with the same media, so I know it's not the media.

The host always hangs at "Enumerating Boot options..."

After poking further, I can't go into bios, dell lifecycle, but I can access the idrac. This system was running Fedora 32 with no issues, and did boot from usb to install proxmox. And I did an install of proxmox on a laptop with the same media, so I know it's not the media.

The host always hangs at "Enumerating Boot options..."
I have PVE7 (updated from 6.7) running on a XFS mirror without issues on a R630. Is the server booting in UEFI mode instead of any legacy/compat/bios mode?. On the UEFI shell, can you reach the UEFI partition and boot by hand?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!