Dell 2850 with h433 controller scsi

stefgrifon

Mar 30, 2021
Hello,

I have a server Dell 2850 with h433 controller scsi.
I tried install Proxmox but it does not find the harddrives.
How i can install the proxmox to this server?
Can any body help me ?

Thank you in advance
Stefanos

You may need to confirm what hardware you have, and if the storage controller is still functional on an older unit like that. Doing some quick searching I am unable to find an "H433" controller, but based on my testlabs I can say that other storage controllers of the same generation as that server do work.

Also, what RAID configuration do you have set on your storage controller? That will make a big difference on how they are set up in Proxmox.

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately i am not at the place the server is but on the screen when it boots it shows me this:
Raid controller bios H433
In Managment menu have title this:
perc/cerc bios configuration utility u827

I have setup a RAID-1 with two SCSI HDD. Do you thinkl is better to do another set up?

Is it used to load drivers raid controller in order to install the proxmox?

Depending on the age of the system and the rarity of that hardware at this point, it very well may be that the drivers are not included in the Proxmox installer anymore. You may have to look into drivers for that system and load them into the installer.

You could also try putting the controller in passthrough or JBOD mode, and run something like ZFS during the install for parity instead. The installer may have drivers that support passthrough/JBOD mode for that card.

Also it looks like that is probably an H330 card, with the H433 BIOS (thanks Dell, that's not confusing at all).

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!