Delayed write error - Windows XP Guest

gustavo

Mar 19, 2012
Hello to all,

I have a Proxmox server running a Windows XP Service Pack 3 guest.
This machine was migrated from a pyhsical one.
The process was without any major issues, following Promox wiki guidelines.
This was made about 2 months ago. Since then the server has been up and running continuosly, without any problems.
The guest machine was installed using Virtio drivers for drives and network adapter.

Recently i began having an error message in the Windows XP guest saying: "
Delayed Write Failed" as stated in this Microsoft support article:

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file drive_letter:\file_path\file_name. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

I have googled for this issue, and most of the information is related to physical machines (of course).
I noticed the same advice regarding editing windows registry value LargeSystemCache. I have tried enabling it, disabling it, with no result.

I am asking you, the forum users for your experience on this issue, and any advice you may have is very welcome.

Thank You.
Best Regards,

Gustavo

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!