[SOLVED] DEDICATED SERVER IN HOSTING PROVIDER WITH 3 PUBLIC IPS. HOW TO ASSIGN ONE OF THEM TO VM/CT?

RageQuitCommunity

Apr 24, 2023
Hi all!
I can't find a solution fom my server, I read all relevant post in this forum without success.

I have a dedicated server in hosting provider and 3 public ips and a gateway, they differ only for last number so:

ip1 A.B.C.93/23
ip2 A.B.C.94/23
ip3 A.B.C.110/23
gw A.B.C.1

Accessing from the internet to all of them :8006 open my proxmox web gui, they are all pointed to my server.

Installing Proxmox VE 7.4-3 by hosting provider platform, these are the automatic settings configured in my server:

# cat /etc/network/interfaces
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eno0
iface eno0 inet static
address A.B.C.93/23
gateway A.B.C.1
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8
dns-search yachay.pe
# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed

auto eno0:94,
iface eno0:94, inet static
address A.B.C.94/23

auto eno0:110,
iface eno0:110, inet static
address A.B.C.110/23

iface enp96s0f1 inet manual
proxmoxnetwork.jpg

# ip addr
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: eno0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:Xe brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
altname enp96s0f0
inet A.B.C.93/23 scope global eno0
inet A.B.C.94/23 scope global secondary eno0
inet A.B.C.110/23 scope global secondary eno0
inet6 XXXX::XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX/64 scope link
3: enp96s0f1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:Xf brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

According to Proxmox Network_Configuration https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Configuration I asked provider for the correct and compatible configuration for their network and they answered that ROUTED was the right one.

I tried everything I found online about routed configuration, there's no way to assign one of my public ip directly to a vm or ct.

Anyone can help me please?
Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!