Debian VM CIFS mount issues

hxloshxrds

Jul 22, 2024
I've got a debian 12 VM with a CIFS vers 3.0 mounted filesystem, but for some reason i keep getting "CIFS: VFS: sends on sock xxxxxxx stuck for 15 seconds", leading to error in file r/w in the VM and at the same time my web browser briefly loses connection to the proxmox management plane, as well as the connection between my nodes momentarily drops and i stop being able to see the status of the other one. I am on the newest version of the proxmox kernel and all packages available in the community repo. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this issue, i would greatly appreciate if you could share them here, as i am at my wit's end chasing this problem

thank you for your time!

As I know, the error message "CIFS: VFS: sends on sock xxxxxxx stuck for 15 seconds" indicates that the CIFS client is experiencing delays in sending data over the network, which can lead to performance issues and connectivity problems. I think you should consider adjusting kernel parameters related to CIFS mounts. You can modify settings like rsize, wsize, timeout, or hard/soft mounts to optimize performance and reliability.
merge fruit

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!