Debian 6 Proxmox VM's compatable with Debian 7 Proxmox VMs?

niccolo

Oct 8, 2013
hi

am new to Proxmox and so excuse my silly question

via my new hosted OVH I installed Proxmox on Debian 7 and am evaluating installing the bare metal installer on my home office server

I notice however that the Proxmox download bare metal installer is Debian 6 and I am worried there will be incompatibility issues between local Debian 6 Proxmox VMs and OVH Debian 7 Proxmox VM's

I saw the wiki page on installing Proxmox on Wheezy but I would like to stay as close to the bare-metal standard as possible

so, two questions

1. is there a Debian 7 Wheezy bare metal installer?
2. are there comparability issues between Proxmox Debian 7 vs Proxmox Debian 6 VMs?

thanks in advance and apologies if this is a silly question

thanks for the prompt reply, I missed the wiki page and got confused in the OVH control panel I guess

so, excellent news !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!