[SOLVED] Dead Node in Datacenter after renaming standalone node

mmhx

Nov 26, 2021
Hi,

I renamed a standalone node of a fresh proxmox installation, to fit the environment its in (servers here are named with specific system).

After the reboot I see the new node with storage under the Datacenter entry, but also the old name ('pve') together with a VM I started setting up (but maybe didnt finish, not sure).

I can't find a way to remove the node using the GUI, and all commands I can find aim at removing a node from a cluster - which I am not planning to run, since there is no other node in sight.
The commands always aim at removing a node from a cluster, which fails, cause I didnt set one up. (Corosync config not found)

Is there a way to fix this? Or will I have to set up a Cluster just for this?

(Also I admit, I am very fresh to proxmox, and didnt read everything I probably should have read)

---
As always - I found the solution, just after I asked:
https://tweenpath.net/remove-node-proxmox-cluster/

remove the directory (or move it away) from /etc/pve/nodes/*nodename*
Its apparently only a GUI issue.

I will still leave this thread, in case someone stumbles into the same issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: mira

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!