Datastore on NFS

Rickb

Jan 16, 2024
I am hoping some might be able to help on this. I am trying to setup a NFS datastore on the PBS and it is pointing to a Windows 2016 NFS mount. I have it configured and was able to create the datastore, right files from the PVS under root and I can see the .chunk and NS dir created but when I go to do a backup I am getting an error that it can’t access it. (Seen error 13 and 22 as well)
Code:
ERROR: VM 100 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: Input/output error (os error 5)

I have searched the form, internet and tried several dozen different config on the NFS share based on recommendations for Linux to windows config but I still end up with errors accessing it during backup. I know that Windows NFS is probably not the best solution but based on what we need to do it is the only option I have at the monument.

There are lot of different configs I tried but the most recommended one I could find this:

10.0.0.254:/gap01 /mnt/gap01 nfs rw,suid,dev,exec,auto,sync,nouser,fg,noac,lookupcache=none,mountproto=tcp,nfsvers=3

Also tried this but it will not mount with error "mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified"
10.0.0.254:/gap01 /mnt/gap01 nfs rw,anonuid=34,anongid=34,sync,no_subtree_check,all_squash

nfs.PNG
nfs2.PNG

I tried to write a test file under backup user but it looks like the account on PBS is restricted so login or su under this one.

Also the garbage and verify database work successfully.

Thanks in advanced!

Hi!
but writing a file as superuser works on the datastore? Does it also show the correct owner (root)?
If not, you can try the `no_root_squash` mount option.

Hy,

I also have the same problem.
With "no_root_squash" mount option responds with this error:
" an incorrect mount option was specified" and don't mount.

Thank's

I am hoping some might be able to help on this. I am trying to setup a NFS datastore on the PBS and it is pointing to a Windows 2016 NFS mount. I have it configured and was able to create the datastore, right files from the PVS under root and I can see the .chunk and NS dir created but when I go to do a backup I am getting an error that it can’t access it. (Seen error 13 and 22 as well)
Code:
ERROR: VM 100 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: Input/output error (os error 5)

I have searched the form, internet and tried several dozen different config on the NFS share based on recommendations for Linux to windows config but I still end up with errors accessing it during backup. I know that Windows NFS is probably not the best solution but based on what we need to do it is the only option I have at the monument.

There are lot of different configs I tried but the most recommended one I could find this:

10.0.0.254:/gap01 /mnt/gap01 nfs rw,suid,dev,exec,auto,sync,nouser,fg,noac,lookupcache=none,mountproto=tcp,nfsvers=3

Also tried this but it will not mount with error "mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified"
10.0.0.254:/gap01 /mnt/gap01 nfs rw,anonuid=34,anongid=34,sync,no_subtree_check,all_squash

View attachment 66154
View attachment 66156

I tried to write a test file under backup user but it looks like the account on PBS is restricted so login or su under this one.

Also the garbage and verify database work successfully.

Thanks in advanced!
I have the same problem. Have you solved it?

Thanks in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!