CT has very slow startup/access

tl5k5

Jul 28, 2017
Hey all,
I have deployed a CT from the Debian 11 template.
The webgui console access takes a long time to show any login capability. I can type in the console area, but nothing happens for ~5mins. (see image)

RustDesk_uIzvLRClR5.png

During this ~5 mins, I can successfully ping the CT IP address, but when I try to SSH into the OS, I get the following error:
Code:
"System is booting up. Unprivileged users are not permitted to log in yet. Please come back later. For technical details, see pam_nologin(8)."

Any idea as to why this CT is having boot issues?
Thanks!

Check that you didn't setup any IPv6 DHCP when using IPv4. Usually this problem is caused by the LXC waiting for 5 minutes to get a IPv6 IP, which it won't get when not running a IPv6 DHCP server in your network.

Last edited:
Check that you didn't setup any IPv6 DHCP when using IPv4. Usually this problem is caused by the LXC waiting for 5 minutes to get a IPv6 IP, which it won't get when not running a IPv6 DHCP server in your network.
That fixed it...thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!