crontab not working !!!

Nerik83

Jul 9, 2024
I have created a vzdump for backupping my Winserver and the command works manually but is not launched by crontab ? please help me to understand where i am wrong .

1720527316999.png

1720527166859.png

Why do you use Cron for the backup job and not simply the GUI functions for backups?

It would be much easier ...

Reactions: _gabriel
I know but i really want to do it like this to list it in my professionnal document studies for my futur work title.
And i hate not to find the answer

sure, i have modified the time for my test!!!

i'have modified the crontab like this and it 's finally working !!!

i'm very thankfull for your help.

" 43 14 * * * vzdump 100 --storage Backup_local --mode snapshot --compress zstd "

how do i close the case ?

It looks like you solved it. But for reference when I went into my Proxmox server and executed "which vzdump" at the command line, it returned "/usr/bin/vzdump" Your original command had /usr/sbin/vzdump which is probably why it didn't work

Reactions: _gabriel

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!