Hello Community,

how can i create a KVM machine via ssh with the following specs:
2 GB RAM
100 GB HDD
2,5 GHz
1 CPU Socket
Image is in /var/lib/vz/template/iso/winsrv.iso
Image contains a win server 2008 r2 with sp2
I have a license key for that version :)

Kind Regards
and thanks for help

Markus

I don't know, but I can just suggest you to tunnel 8006 port through ssh and use https://localhost:8006 in your browser to do it "remotely" using your local browser.
Like:
Code:
ssh  -L 8006:192.168.1.20:8006  -L 5900:192.168.1.20:5900 -L 5901:192.168.1.20:5901 myuser@66.77.88.99
where 192.168.1.20 is the private IP of your remote server

Jeah, i couldn't use that solution because i use on the server a php based daemon wich changes the apache root directory.
So can anyone provide the command ?

Please replace <SERVERIP> and <VMID>:

# ssh <SERVERIP> qm create <VMID> -memory 2048 -ide0 local:2 -cdrom local:iso/winsrv.iso

There is a new question :)

The KVM machine startet, etc..

but were are the vnc logins...
Or how could i define a IP wich should be used, when i cant create a virtual mac for the ip wich should be used.
Its a part of a subnet wich is routed to the root server.
I read about a "routed mode" but i dont find a solution how to "bind" a routed ip to one kvm machine, when i cant use the proxmox webinterface.

Thanks alot for your help :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!