Create FileServer on Proxmox (on Datacenter Outside)

julianoacc

Jun 14, 2024
I hired a datacenter to store my physical computer (which I will use as baremetal)

On this computer I installed proxmox, now I'm creating a virtual machine and I'm having difficulty with some things:

• first I need to determine IP's on this server (which I chose TrueNas) after configuring this IP (which DHCP is not configuring on its own)
  • Second problem would be to determine a VPN to connect my home/office computer to connect to this virtual PC inside the proxmox which in turn is inside the data center.
The purpose of this structure would be for 3 different companies to each have their own file server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!