Create datastore in S3 bucket

danielt

Sep 5, 2022
Hi,
I succsfullly mount a S3 bucekt to my PBS server.
I can create files and delete without any problem.
But when I trying to create a datastore that pointing to my s3 bucket, its always failing around 70% with the next error:
2024-08-17T04:53:02+03:00: TASK ERROR: unable to create chunk store 'yokprx' subdir "/s3_buckets/yok-pbs-backup-repo/yok_prx/.chunks/b8c6" - EIO: I/O error
What could be the problem?

This should be interesting to watch. I don't think that's going to work for you. Mostly, the problem is that its S3. Have fun with that.

Here. This person (who for unexplained reasons posted this bit to the main forum instead of PBS forum) has written a proxy for Proxmox Backup Server so they can use it with S3.
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/s3-backup-support.152901

If you really want to know what the problem with PBS writing to S3 is, I bet that person is your expert on the topic. They just wrote an app to do so. I'm sure they learned a couple things along the way.

Thanks for the post you added. I will try it.

How can i search in pbs logs to see why I receiving the error I attached? because my traffic is stable to AWS, I don't see any disconnections.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!