Containers cannot start or restart

maenda

Jul 10, 2020
Hello all,

New on these forums and I hope to get some help.

Started using Proxmox VE and run into some issues already on a clean install. Perhaps this issue is already posted several times but I did not find a good solution (better: none work)

The issue:

I have CIFS shares for my storage. These working great as far as I can tell.
When I create a new container, it creates the disk on the storage as expected, but I cannot start the container afterward. It complains about rootfs cannot be mounted.

If I do an fsck on the ct, it works again, but after a reboot of the ct, it gives me the same problem.

When I restart the node itself, it starts again, but after a reboot..... you can guess :)

Any idea what the issue can be here? A normal VM is installed correctly and is starting/restarting great.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!