[SOLVED] Console tries to save .vv file

cdsJerry

Renowned Member
Sep 12, 2011
I did an update last night and as suggested I rebooted the host because of the new kernel. Almost everything works normally EXCEPT there is one VM now that won't open the console when I double click it or right click it and select Console. It just wants to save a .vv file instead of opening a console window.

I can still open the console window if I click the button in the upper right corner of the window but not directly from the VM on the left. All the other VMs still work normally. It's just this one VM. Any suggestions?

I'm on version 8.2.2

Did the display for that VM get changed to Spice?
I see now that the hardware says Display VirtIO-GPU (virtio) while all the others say Default. How would that one VM have been changed just by doing the update and restarting the VM?

But yes, that was the problem. Thank you for pointing that out.

Most likely it got changed before the upgrade but the VM was never restarted so the change didn't get applied.
Perhaps. The VM has been running for months. But I don't think I've ever gone in to edit or change the hardware since the VM was created. I only have a few VMs running and it's pretty rare that I touch them.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!