Connection reset by peer (596) in web gui with bound broadcast

adventure

Jan 12, 2024
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem when I try to manage a node from another node in the cluster. I get the message: Connection error 596: Connection reset by peer.

My enviroment is:

2 switches (A, B)
3 servers (1, 2 and 3)

Switch A SFP Port 1 connected to server 1 (eno1)
Switch B SFP port 1 connected to server 1 (eno2)

Switch A SFP port 2 connected to server 2 (eno1)
Switch B SFP port 2 connected to server 2 (eno2)

Switch A SFP port 3 connected to server 3 (eno1)
Switch B SFP port 3 connected to server 3 (eno2)

All three servers have a bound mode broadcast. I do this because if port 1 (eno1) of switch "A" fails, I will access servers 2 and 3 through switch B (using eno2).

But with broadcast I sometimes get the message Connection error 596: Connection reset by peer.

When I switch to balance-alb or balance-tlb I have a problem because only one port is active. If port 1 of switch "A" fails, server 1 will not connect to servers 2 and 3 because in this mode eno2 will only be active if eno1 fails. eno2 will be active in server 1, but not in server 2 and 3.

Is there any configuration possible in this case?

I need redundancy with two separate switches.

------
auto eno1
iface eno1 inet manual

auto eno2
iface eno2 inet manual

iface eno3 inet manual

iface eno4 inet manual

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
bond-slaves eno1 eno2
bond-miimon 100
bond-mode broadcast

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 10.1.0.2/27
gateway 10.1.0.1
bridge-ports bond0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
------

Thank you.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!