Connection refused to all ports when add a private bridge (Ping OK)

arielectron

Aug 31, 2020
Hello.

I sell a physical server in "One Provider" and i can't connect to it when finish my desired configuration. I want generate two bridges, one with "public" network and another with "private" network.

Step1:
Reinstall Debian Operative System (the server was use enp4s0 for public access and had enp5s0 unconfigured)
In this step, Debian interface configuration file was:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp4s0
iface enp4s0 inet dhcp

Step2:
Install proxmox from repositories and add bridge with dhcp and port configuration for enp4s0
In this step, the configuration file is:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp4s0
iface enp4s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet dhcp
    bridge-ports enp4s0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

Step3:
Add new bridge without port configuration for private access

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp4s0
iface enp4s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet dhcp
    bridge-ports enp4s0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
    address 192.168.5.2/24
    bridge-ports none
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

Results
In Step2, all the system work fine, i restart the server and all it's ok.
In Step3, when i press "apply configuration" no return response, the process ifupdown2 never finish... and when restart the server, it response to ping, but i can't connect, all tcp ports return "Connection Refused" (for example ssh: connect to host 192.99.32.56 port 22: Connection refused). In recovery mode, the log file, show that the IP address was correctly assigned and no error.

I was test multiple sequence and diferent configurations, for example, with OVS bridges. The sended configurations are the "correct" based in my experence, but i tested very mutch configurations and sequences, all with same results.

Thanks
Ariel.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!