[SOLVED] Connection error in GUI

LEFTERIS733

Jun 26, 2021
Hello i am new to Proxmox.

I installed the latest version from the site but i cannot use the gui. After login i can see only the main tab and when i try to change i get a connection error. I tried some things i found here in the forum but nothing helped so far.

I tried using firefox, chrome and brave in linux mint and firefox,chrome,brave and safari in mac os. Only safari is working fine, in all the other browsers i get the connection error shown in the picture

Screenshot from 2021-06-27 14-51-19.png

Any help?

Only on the storage status, you get the "Connection error" or overall? have you tried a private/incognito browser (without plugins)? did you see any error in Syslog?

thank you for your answer....the problem occurs in every tab except from the main tab if the term is correct

in the following picture you can see the only tab that i can see

i tried private window in firefox and everything seems to be ok, i can see all tabs

also i don't know where to find the syslog maybe you can help me

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 5.37.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 5.37.36 PM.png
    299.7 KB · Views: 21
i tried private window in firefox and everything seems to be ok, i can see all tabs
it's work in the private window in firefox? if so then there is something in your browser such as a plugin or something like that you can check the developer tools in your browser to see what happens when you open another tab

also i don't know where to find the syslog maybe you can help me
You can an SSH to your node and type journalctl -f and see if there is an error message

i considered your suggestions and i was able to isolate the problem to ublock plugin

when i deactivated the plugin the communication between firefox and proxmox was ok

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Moayad
Glad that you solve your issue yourself

I'll go ahead and make this thread SOLVED to help other people who have the same issue

have a nice day :)

Reactions: LEFTERIS733

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!