configuration issues? Detecting migration, disconnecting

arkdech

Aug 3, 2024
New computer 12th gen I5.
Installed proxmox, did the whole post-install routine(subscription, etc) did the update/upgrade, I have one node running.
installed casaos, cuz it's what I know.(I grew up on Windows, trying hard to make better choices)
When I go into the console, it'll randomly get stuck, no response to keyboard, mouse, nothing. just freezes up.
have to click on any other field in the center column and then go back to console and it'll work.
Other times, the console randomly shows error message: "Disconnecting....... detecting migration.
haven't added any drives or data yet. this system is two days old. No network share, nada.
Feeling the pangs to go back to what I know(Windows install would've been quick and easy)........I really want to stay away from the evil blue screen

So you've blindly installed an LXC based on a script from a non-Proxmox source. Maybe you file an issue with that Github author's site.
When I go into the console
Which console of what? The CasaOS (GUI) is supposed to be accessed via a web browser on it's own IP address.

In general, you don't provide enough/any info about your HW,NW & configs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!